The Discover Credit Card makes managing things a lot easier and gives you more control over your spending. There are lots of debates currently going on, on this credit card due to its $0 annual fee, something that no other credit card offers. Not just that, the 0% intro APR rate makes it worth having.
The Discover Credit Card is super convenient and allows making payments, taking loans, emergency transactions, balance transfers, and finance management super easy. There’s no interest rate for 11 months on every purchase, and for 13 months on every transaction. Also, there’s no over-limit or foreign transaction fee.
SOME OF THE BEST DISCOVER.COM CREDIT CARDS:
- Discover it® Cash Back
- Discover it® Balance Transfer
- Discover it® Chrome
- Discover it® Miles
- Discover it® Student Cash Back
- Discover it® Student Chrome
BENEFITS & REWARDS OF HAVING A DISCOVER.COM CREDIT CARD:
Just like every other credit card, the Discover Credit Card offers lots of cashback, benefits, and rewards to its users, that are;
- No annual fee.
- Easy to redeem cash rewards.
- 5% cashback in certain bonus categories up to $1,500 each quarter (then 1%).
- Cashback match at end of your first year.
- 1% cashback on all purchases.
- Free FICO score check.
You’re required to meet the following requirements to apply for a Discover Credit Card;
- No recent negatives or a hard inquiry during the last six months.
- A credit score of at least 700 is required.
- A steady income with a low ratio of no more than 30% of unpaid debt.
- Your past payment history must be clean and free from any fraud or delinquency.
- You must be 18 years of age with a physical address and US national citizenship.
DISCOVER.COM CREDIT CARD APPLICATION:
To access the Discover Credit Card application;
- Open the official website of Discover/PickIt.
- Click on the Credit Cards tab and a new page will open.
- Click on the Apply Now button and it’ll direct you to the Application page.
- An application form will be presented.
- Choose your card and design, and proceed with the next information.
- You’ll need to enter your full name, address, residence type, city, state, zip code, date of birth, SSN, monthly income, and other financial details.
- Continue and agree to the terms and conditions.
Keep in mind that if you have the correct credit score and good credit history, your application will be approved quickly. But, if you’re able to wait to make your first Discover Credit Card transaction, you can track the status of your card through the Check Status page. Enter your social security number and the 5-digit zip code, and you’ll be shown your card’s status.
After you get your credit card, you’ll need to activate it. You can activate your card online or through telephone. Both methods have been listed below;
- Register your account here!
- Enter your card number, issuing and expiration date, date of birth, and last 4-digits of your SSN.
- Continue and select a username and password for your Discover/PickIt account.
- Sign in to your account and go to Activate My Card. You can do that without logging in as well.
- Fill the require fields and continue with the procedure.
- You’ll receive a confirmation message almost instantly that your request has been submitted.
- Your card will be activated within 24 hours.
The customer care helpline is available 24/7, so you can easily activate your credit card through telephone. The helpline number is (1-800-347-2683) – dial it and follow their instructions to activate your credit card.
PAYMENT METHODS OF DISCOVER.COM/PICKIT CREDIT CARD:
You’ll be given a 25 grace-day period after you activate your Discover Credit Card. After that, the late penalty fee will incur up to $37. Hence, make sure that you pay your bills on time to avoid such penalties.
- Sign in to your account and search for the “Make a Payment” section.
- Select your payment date and enter your bank details.
- Enter your credit card number, security code, and last 4-digits of your SSN.
- Select the payable amount and submit your payment.
- You will receive a confirmation message that your payment has reached your credit card company.
- You can check your Discover Credit Card balance to see the remaining un-payed amount.
Dial (800-347-2683) and follow the voice command. Then, enter the last 4 digits of your credit card number, your security code and the amount you want to pay. If you want to talk to a customer care agent, dial (0) during the call to connect to a representative.